Simple: Language Subtag Registration

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Thu Dec 10 15:28:26 CET 2015

Michael Everson scripsit:

> Well, it’s clearly Latin without declensional endings. That is a
> sort of controlled language, so la-simple would be OK for it (since
> it has no three-letter code). Interlingua (ia, ina) on the other hand
> is more engineered and is heavily Romance-influenced.

Well, we (those of us who know Latin) have no trouble reading Interlingua
de Peano.  But WP or VOA or Basic English are restricted variants of
English in which all the sentences are still grammatical English.  IdP
doesn't fit that mold: it is grossly ungrammatical from a Latin point of view,
and I doubt if a Roman would consider it as anything more than a barbarian
jargon.  Still, 'twill serve most likely.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
                Charles li reis, nostre emperesdre magnes,
                Set anz totz pleinz ad ested in Espagnes.