Request for new language tag variant.

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Wed Apr 1 23:46:59 CEST 2015

Who said I was joking?

There are several “silly” language variants folks are using “for fun” and most of those have private use tags, though some, like pirate, are reasonably common.  (At least as common as tlh, which has a real tag, though I had to use Qaak for the script for Bing translator).

IMO this is a “real” issue for some folks, though it may seem frivolous.  Granted, there are even more esoteric ones and I don’t know where to draw the line.  Pirate is probably the most consistent/obvious one.  I, personally, have encountered stuff tagged with xx-pirate or some such far more often that I’ve seen –oed, for example.

-Shawn

(as an individual)