No consensus on en-GB-oed replacement?

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Wed Apr 1 02:21:13 CEST 2015

Phillips, Addison scripsit:

> I don't think the grandfathered tag is "useless". But it is certainly
> less useful than a variant subtag, since it cannot be used generatively.

I would give that more weight if I thought there were any suitable
application of it except as a suffix to "en-GB".  It's true that
if you want to encode some further subtag, you cannot, but is there
any case for that?

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
Today an interactive brochure website, tomorrow a global content
management system that leverages collective synergy to drive "outside of
the box" thinking and formulate key objectives into a win-win game plan
with a quality-driven approach that focuses on empowering key players
to drive-up their core competencies and increase expectations with an
all-around initiative to drive up the bottom-line. --Alex Papadimoulis