Validity

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Tue Jan 21 07:21:41 CET 2014

Yes, but the set of subtags that appear in the Registry is not stable either. New subtags can be added, causing a previously invalid tag to become valid.

Section 2.2.9 again: “Note that a tag's validity depends on the date of the registry used to validate the tag. A more recent copy of the registry might contain a subtag that an older version does not.”

I’m not seeing why this applies to the presence or absence of a subtag in the Registry, but not to the encompassing language relationship. I can live with it, and will code to it, but it surprised me.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, USA
http://ewellic.org | @DougEwell ­