Unifon script?

DataPacRat datapacrat at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 16:58:38 CEST 2013

That seems workable. If I understand the tag building system right,
en-fonuni would also be a permissible construction, if the subtag is
approved, correct?

I think I'll wait a couple of days for any further suggestions; and unless
a better idea is proposed, then I'll submit the form for this one.

On Thursday, 12 September 2013, Michael Everson wrote:

> It's a Latin orthography. It could get a subtag fonuni, though, for
> tagging, for example, en-Latin-fonuni.
>
> On 12 Sep 2013, at 13:02, DataPacRat <datapacrat at gmail.com <javascript:;>>
> wrote:
>
> > I was doing some experiments with vCard language tags a few moments ago;
> and have just noticed that the current IANA language subtag registry has no
> mention of Unifon, a phonemic rendition of English that's been used
> academically and in the occasional science-fiction comic. (
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unifon ,
> > http://www.datapacrat.com/unifon/ ,
> > http://datapacrat.deviantart.com/art/Easy-as-A-B-C-283196672 ).
> >
> > Would it be worthwhile for me to fill out a language subtag registration
> form for this script?

Thank you for your time,
--
DataPacRat