Record and registration form to update 'wbf'

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 4 23:57:40 CEST 2013

Hi:

Doug I agree that reading through all the language code requests and deciding what relationships to highlight is a pretty arduous task and not all of it is up to ietf; but here the requester of the new code identified "Paleni" as a dialect of "Wara"; so I see no harm in a cross-reference.

Thanks much  for this update:

Doug Ewell
    doug at ewellic.org

    Tue Sep  3 23:47:00 CEST 201

> By popular request. This one gets its own two-week review period.
Two weeks? O.k.
> --

> LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION
> File-Date: 2013-09-18
> %%
> Type: language
> Subtag: wbf
> Added: 2009-07-29
> Comments: see also pnl
> %%

> --

> LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM
>
> 1. Name of requester: Doug Ewell
> 2. E-mail address of requester: doug at ewellic.org
>
> 3. Record Requested:
>
>   Type: language
>   Subtag: wbf
>   Comments: see also pnl
>
> 4. Intended meaning of the subtag:
>
> 5. Reference to published description of the language (book or article):
>
> 6. Any other relevant information:
>
>   This registration adds a Comments field to the existing record for
>   'wbf' to reflect the fact that ISO 639-3/RA added the code element
>   'pnl' in 2013 for Paleni, which was formerly considered to be a
>   dialect of Wara, according to the change request for 'pnl'.
>

> --
> Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, USA
> http://ewellic.org | @DougEwell ­

(I spent a while going through your more-or-less perfect batch of language registration forms. (-: This was all I could find. )

Best,

--C. E: Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com