Fifth batch of ISO 639-3 modifications

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Tue Sep 3 03:45:37 CEST 2013

John Cowan wrote:

>> Adding this comment would seem to encourage a user who has already
>> found the correct subtag for Paleni to go back and consider another
>> subtag which is actually incorrect, or at least less correct. One
>> might make the case that, on the contrary, 'wbf' should have a
>> comment reminding the user about 'pnl'.
>
> That sounds like a good idea to me.

But then one might ask how far we need to go, reading into the change
request forms and adding this type of information, and who should be
doing the exegesis, and whether we are treating all of the requests
consistently.

I'm not volunteering to do it; I had 177 records and registration forms
to put together just with the 639-3 information.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, USA
http://ewellic.org | @DougEwell ­