Proposed general model for Serbo-Croatian continuum

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Fri Nov 22 04:13:12 CET 2013

Doug Ewell scripsit:

> If you have 'sr' alone, you don't need the additional prefixes with
> script subtags. Prefix fields for variants aren't necessarily the
> complete language tag that precedes the variant.

Granted.  But in this case, where script subtags are much more common
than usual, it would send a helpful signal, I think.

> And you wouldn't want to have only 'sr-Latn' and 'sr-Cyrl', because
> these subtags (which denote varieties in pronunciation) very clearly
> could be used for spoken content, or content where the script is
> irrelevant.

For sure.  That's why I didn't even mention that option.

--
My confusion is rapidly waxing          John Cowan
For XML Schema's too taxing:            cowan at ccil.org
    I'd use DTDs                        http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
    If they had local trees --
I think I best switch to RELAX NG.