Record and registration form for 'bohoric'

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Mon Dec 30 17:38:24 CET 2013

Here are the proposed record and registration form for 'bohoric' to fix
the line-length violation mentioned earlier. There are no substantive
changes to this record, only the clerical one. These are eligible to be
submitted on January 13.

I also discovered several Registry entries where the line wrapping was
done too conservatively; that is, some lines could have been broken at a
later point (or not at all) and still fit within the 72-byte limit. For
example:

  Association)

could have been:

However, as this is not a violation of BCP 47, I'm not proposing any
changes to these entries. (Others may if they wish.) My class library
will simply wrap these lines a bit differently from the original.

---

LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION
File-Date: 2012-06-27
%%
Type: variant
Subtag: bohoric
Added: 2012-06-27
Prefix: sl
Comments: The subtag represents the alphabet codified by Adam Bohorič
  in 1584 and used from the first printed Slovene book and up to the
  mid-19th century.
%%

---

LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

1. Name of requester: Doug Ewell
2. E-mail address of requester: doug at ewellic.org

3. Record Requested:

Type: variant
Subtag: bohoric
Prefix: sl
Comments: The subtag represents the alphabet codified by Adam Bohorič
  in 1584 and used from the first printed Slovene book and up to the
  mid-19th century.

4. Intended meaning of the subtag:

5. Reference to published description of the language (book or article):

6. Any other relevant information:

This is a request to correct the line wrapping of the Comments field for
this subtag so that each physical line is no more than 72 UTF-8 bytes in
length, as per RFC 5646, Section 3.1.1. This corrects a clerical error
in the original request. No other changes to this record are requested.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, USA
http://ewellic.org | @DougEwell ­