New extension for transformed languages

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Mon Mar 5 17:10:26 CET 2012

On 5 Mar 2012, at 15:39, Mark Davis ☕ wrote:

> Degrees of precision can be specified, as with BCP47 itself.
>
> It is useful to read the document rather than just commenting on its
> advantages or disadvantages based on fragments quoted on email: it's
> quite short, see http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6497.

The word "translation" occurs once and the word "translated" occurs three times in the document and in no case is it specified how one would use the -t- tag for translation.

Transliteration and transcription, yes. I recommend (VERY STRONGLY) that the terms "translated" and "translation" be deleted from the RFC as that is a whole nother ball of wax entirely.