lang ID for "*" (any language)

Mark Davis ☕ mark at macchiato.com
Wed Jun 13 01:35:43 CEST 2012

We've been using 'und' for that purpose for years: there's kind of a slope
from Undetermined to Indeterminate to Indiscriminate to Any. Part of the
problem is that the Special subtags have long had underdefined meanings.
Look at http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php for 'und',
for example. Just one word.

I'm not sure it is necessary to introduce yet another tag for that purpose,
just because of yet more special tags with (to users) overlapping meanings.

Mark <https://plus.google.com/114199149796022210033>
*
*
*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*