Early Modern English

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 23 04:35:33 CET 2012

Hi.
Yury Tarasievich yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 07:54:24 CET 2012
> The 'tudor' refers to the period, and sort of > makes sense, from the same point of view, but > not from the 'the subtag must be context free' > POV.Perhaps but is not "tudor" used more often to refer to a period in English history than one in other histories? > Likewise, the 'earlymod', which too might
> be used for another language's Early Modern variant.

True.  However "earlymod" seems to be formed from English words, not from words in French or some other language, so for this reason I was not so troubled as some by its use for this variety of English.    (However, in some cases it's hard to say what languages were used to form a subtag, for example, the subtags [1959acad] or [1694acad].)
Best,
--C. E. Whiteheadcewcathar at hotmail.com