LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM: Anglish

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Wed Jan 11 22:28:42 CET 2012

On 11 Jan 2012, at 19:54, John Cowan wrote:

> Michael Everson scripsit:
>
>> Then "Anglish" isn't an entity, but a set of ad-hoc idiosyncratic inventions?
>
> It is the same findle every time it is found, so I'd not call it
> "selfmindframed".

You're saying that if Anderson were going to devise a term for "idiosyncratic" he would come up with "selfmindframed" as you did? As would every other person who has tried to implement Anglo-Saxon linguistic purism in the past 130 years?

I don't believe it. You've not convinced me that this is any kind of unified entity.