gender voice variants

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Sat Dec 22 21:23:35 CET 2012

One argument I have heard a couple of times in this thread, which I
think is completely unhelpful, is that adding some combination of
male/female subtags (for spoken voice and/or inflection based on the sex
of the speaker and/or audience) would increase the burden on localizers.
Well, of course it would. It would increase their ability to tailor
content, and this might mean more work if someone has a need to take
advantage of that ability. That's not a reason.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA
http://www.ewellic.org | @DougEwell ­