ISO 639-3 2011 changes: ikt

Philip Newton philip.newton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 06:06:45 CEST 2012

On 9 August 2012 00:17, Doug Ewell <doug at ewellic.org> wrote:
> The first Description field in a language subtag record is special. It
> corresponds to the one and only 639-3 reference name for that code
> element (§3.1.5).

Does this mean that ISO 639 changed the reference name for "ikt" from
"Western Canadian Inuktitut" to "Inuinnaqtun", in the process
relegating the original reference name "Western Canadian Inuktitut" to
an additional name?

Because that is what the proposed language subtag record seems to
imply, yet that isn't what I understood the change to be.

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <philip.newton at gmail.com>