Request of new variant subtag for kichwa (inside qu)

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Wed Jun 8 17:56:07 CEST 2011

mailler at phare.normalesup.org scripsit:

> I read that an ISO 639-3 code for Unified kichwa has already been rejected
> by SIL, I do not know when or on which ground, I was not filing the
> request myself. Possibly, the request was filed the existing literature
> was not sufficient (the main books describing the language are from
> 2009-2010).

That sounds like it was an ISO *639-2* request.  I think a 639-3
request might be looked on more favorably.

--
No,  John.  I want formats that are actually       John Cowan
useful, rather than over-featured megaliths that   http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
address all questions by piling on ridiculous      cowan at ccil.org
internal links in forms which are hideously
over-complex. --Simon St. Laurent on xml-dev