Request of new variant subtag for kichwa (inside qu)

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 8 16:07:20 CEST 2011

Hi.
Kent Karlsson kent.karlsson14 at telia.com
Wed Jun 8 14:52:58 CEST 2011

> 2011-06-07 23:54, skrev "Michael Everson" <everson at evertype.com>:

>> On 7 Jun 2011, at 16:49, Anthony Aristar wrote:
>>
>>> A question... Since Unified Kichwa is not just an orthography but represents
>>> a unified grammar as well, isn't a language code more appropriate than a sub
>> >tag?
>>
>> Evidently they applied for one and were rejected. So the subtag is for a
>> "literary orthography".

> Which request was that? I cannot find it at
> http://sil.org/iso639-3/chg_requests.asp.
sil.org/iso639-3/chg_requests.asp is the link but that is for pending requests only it seems.

However I could find nothing on it either by searching or else where I found primitive Irish, at
www.sil.org/iso639-3/cr_files/639-3_ChangeRequests_2010_Summary.pdf

Maybe someone else knows where to look.

Best,

--C. E. Whitehead