New UN M.49 code element for South Sudan

Misha.Wolf at thomsonreuters.com Misha.Wolf at thomsonreuters.com
Sat Jul 16 21:50:20 CEST 2011

OK, but the “SD” in language tags will then change from denoting one region to denoting another region (which is a subset of the first region).  This may not cause a problem.  I don’t know.

It’s the same case as “YU” which used to denote one region and then denoted a substantially smaller region, before being replaced by “CS”.

Misha