Language subtag registration for acor1990 (amended from ao1990) [Re: Ietf-languages Digest, Vol 103, Issue 25]

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Tue Aug 30 02:54:24 CEST 2011

On 2011/08/29 23:04, Michael Everson wrote:
> On 29 Aug 2011, at 13:31, António H F P A Emiliano (FCSH/UNL) wrote:
>
>> Michael, please note this: the decrees contain a full description of the reforms.
>> They do not contain wordlists or vocabularies, but they present many examples.
>> Since the decrees contain the *official specifications* of the reforms and also their official names they should be allowed as authoritative references.
>
> Then can you please *also* supply, in addition to the decrees, a specific implementation of the content of the decrees.
>
> If I want to know how to spell a particular word which is NOT listed in the text of a decree, I need to look it up in an authoritative implementation of a decree.

Having references to a dictionary or two that follow the new spelling
would indeed be highly desirable. However, please note that this is not
required for a registration. In particular, it is not necessary that
such a dictionary (or word list) be online. This is even more so if
experts (such as António) assert that the description is detailed enough.

[For the older spelling conventions, it shouldn't be difficult to come
up with references; there must have been quite a few dictionaries that
follow the relevant convention. The only problem might be the newest one.]

Regards,    Martin.

P.S.: Please do not cc both ietf-languages at iana.org and
ietf-languages at alvestrand.no. They are essentially the same, and there's
no need to get every message twice.