Variant subtag request: iso91995

Avram Lyon ajlyon at ucla.edu
Sat Sep 18 17:08:11 CEST 2010

2010/9/17 Michael Everson <everson at evertype.com>:
> The problem with iso9 as a partial element is that most transliteration standards have many
> more numbers. So while this would work for Cyrillic, it wouldn't for Georgian. Something like
> isoru95 might encapsulate it where -ru- is a language, and the year of publication. That would
> be extensible to other similar requests (and it's not unreasonable to think there might be such
> requests).

In this case, we would have to do something like "isocyr95", since ISO
9 is specifically for all languages using Cyrillic scripts. This
pattern would work well, I think, for the other ISO transliteration
schemes. I do wish we could get the standard number into the subtag,
but there's just not room.

Avram