North Frisian dialects

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed Sep 15 19:24:41 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi at gmx.net> wrote:

>  http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-hoehrmann-nordfriisk-00.txt are a couple
> of rough notes on possible variant subtag registrations for dialects of
> the north frisian language (frr). I put them up mostly to support some
> discussion with people using the language more than I do, but also
> invite feedback from here.

In the case where the tag is based on a name not appearing in the
description, that name should appear, thus:  "Description: The
Soel'ring dialect of North Frisian (also called Syltring)"

Note that in the Registry itself, "oe" in Descriptions should become a
proper "ö", since the Registry is now UTF-8.