Proposed new variant subtag: pre1917

Philip Newton philip.newton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 12:04:06 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 11:47, Avram Lyon <ajlyon at ucla.edu> wrote:
> 2010/9/15 Yury Tarasievich <yury.tarasievich at gmail.com>:
>> Yers. Indeed, my argument was that if anybody's name *at all* should appear
>> in such subtag, it should be Lunacharsky's. However, my broader argument was
>> that attributing those changes (long talked about, ripe for introduction,
>> etc.) to any single person would be somewhat misleading. Why not '1918new',
>> at that? '1918decree', even?
>
> Or indeed 1918ortho, which would disambiguate which 1918 change we are
> referring to. I am not insistent on having a name in the tag.

Remember that variant subtags may not be longer than eight characters;
also, if they start with a digit, they must be followed by precisely
three characters for a total length of four characters (and if they
start with a letter, they must be followed by at least four characters
for a minimum length of five characters).

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <philip.newton at gmail.com>