suppress-script values for fil, mi, pes, prs, qu members

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Fri Oct 22 13:51:18 CEST 2010

John Cowan <cowan at ccil dot org> wrote:

> Doug suggested that we should have inferred from an S-S record in a
> macrolanguage that the individual records should have the same S-S
> value, but that is unsafe, not only for the reasons given in this
> thread, but also because macrolanguage groupings are mutable: a
> language may be added to the group that uses a different script.

Even if this is so, S-S is also mutable: we can add it to or remove it
from either the macrolanguage or the encompassed languages at will, as
new information comes to light.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | http://www.ewellic.org
RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14 | ietf-languages @ is dot gd slash 2kf0s ­