suppress-script values for fil, mi, pes, prs, qu members

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Wed Oct 20 22:16:49 CEST 2010

From: ietf-languages-bounces at alvestrand.no [mailto:ietf-languages-bounces at alvestrand.no] On Behalf Of Michael Everson

> I assure you that adding 50 new s-s tags would be onerous. That's
> 100 separate e-mails, and no, I can't "script" it and automate it.

That sounds tantamount to saying that you're not willing to do the job of LST reviewer. Anybody at any time could come with 50 or 500 requests to add s-s fields to language records or any number of other changes in the registry; nothing in RFC 5646 prevents that. If they do, then the responsibility you have signed up for is to process those requests.

Peter