suppress-script values for fil, mi, pes, prs, qu members

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Wed Oct 20 21:30:42 CEST 2010

On 20 Oct 2010, at 19:43, Peter Constable wrote:

> I'm not really worried that someone will come along proposing thousands of additions because there are just too many languages for which it's too hard to find info.

There are easily thousands of the 7000+ languages for which it would not be "too hard to find info".

> I could imagine this leading over some time to dozens or maybe one- or two-hundred more cases that are assumed to be clear mono-script cases. And I'm not  concerned that would be onerous were it to happen.

I assure you that adding 50 new s-s tags would be onerous. That's 100 separate e-mails, and no, I can't "script" it and automate it. Nor, I think, can Amanda process them in an automated fashion, though at least she's paid to do this work.

> Of course, we could also decide up front that we want to take some entirely different approach. That's why I opened general discussion rather than going directly to submitting forms.

See my comments in the previous e-mail. This seems to be an arcitectural matter.