Correction for pinyin

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Tue Mar 9 20:10:23 CET 2010

Mark Davis 〓 <mark at macchiato dot com> wrote:

> We can't be defensive about this. If people are confused, it's best not to just respond by saying that they should have researched the issue (although a lot of programmers take that point of view with UI design!!). It is best to help to reduce the confusion, and we have tools to do that.

I agree that we should provide help, at least to a reasonable extent
where we are not seen as supplanting the role of the RA or Ethnologue.

The original post implied that we (or the RA) did not understand the
difference between a language and a transcription scheme, and had made a
fairly boneheaded mistake, and that does tend to rankle a bit.

--
Doug Ewell  |  Thornton, Colorado, USA  |  http://www.ewellic.org
RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14  |  ietf-languages @ http://is.gd/2kf0s ­