Missing subtags 003 and 172

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Fri Jul 30 23:21:20 CEST 2010

On 30 Jul 2010, at 22:05, Peter Constable wrote:

>> Erm, Doug? CLDR is really important. CLDR is the basis for locale choices in the Mac OS, which, as you may know, I admire.
>
> LOL! I remember at one point you saying locales are not the concern here, period. Cheers to Apple for their sway. ;-)

I guess you think this is funny. The smiley is supposed to indicate it, right?

On the other hand, it just looks like a way to take a dig and laugh out loud. Frankly, I don't need it. Things are tough enough.

I don't care to try to fit whatever you may remember into its context. My comment today was about the present context.