Language Variant subtags for Sanskrit

Peter Scharf peter_scharf at brown.edu
Tue Jul 13 20:48:01 CEST 2010

But how Paninian is Classical Sanskrit?  NO one has yet modelled
Paninian grammar and validated texts against it in any systematic
way.  The more generic term makes less of a claim and IS THE TERM IN
USE.

Peter M. Scharf                           (401) 863-2720 office
Department of Classics             (401) 863-2123 dept.
Brown University
PO Box 1856                               (401) 863-7484 fax
Providence, RI 02912                Scharf at brown.edu
http://www.research.brown.edu/research/profile.php?id=10044
http://sanskritlibrary.org/