Changing definition of German (was: Re: ISO 639-3 releases list of 2009 changes)

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Sun Jan 24 00:34:25 CET 2010

Kent Karlsson <kent dot karlsson14 at comhem dot se> wrote:

> As far as I can tell, a language code can be reclassified to be a
> collection code at any time as well. This has already happened for
> "chs", Chumash (languages). (The receiving RA seems slow at adopting
> this though...)

'chs' was retired from ISO 639-3 as a decades-old error.  I haven't seen
any evidence that 639-2 or 639-5 intends, or was requested, to pick this
up as a collection.

--
Doug Ewell  |  Thornton, Colorado, USA  |  http://www.ewellic.org
RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14  |  ietf-languages @ http://is.gd/2kf0s ­