Variant subtag proposal: Høgnorsk variety of Norwegian

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sat Jan 2 01:48:17 CET 2010

Doug Ewell scripsit:

> We will not assign any subtags unless they represent legitimate language
> variations.  That is how the proposal for 'hognorsk' is being evaluated.

I think there's no doubt that it is a legitimate language variety.
As usual on this list, the devil is in the details: in this case
the Prefix: field, but sometimes in the Description: field or in the
particular subtag chosen.  And the conflict is more often (and in this
case too) about what is not being said rather than what is being said.

John Cowan      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan      cowan at ccil.org
Be yourself.  Especially do not feign a working knowledge of RDF where
no such knowledge exists.  Neither be cynical about RELAX NG; for in
the face of all aridity and disenchantment in the world of markup,
James Clark is as perennial as the grass.  --DeXiderata, Sean McGrath