ISO 639-3 changes: Latvian and Bontok

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Sat Feb 20 20:11:41 CET 2010

Peter Constable <petercon at microsoft dot com> wrote:

> When talking about 639-[3], I think you could say "'lav' (= 1SO 639-1
> 'lv')" -- if that would help avoid confusion.

How about this: instead of:

... which is 'lv' in the Language Subtag Registry...

we use:

... which is represented by ISO 639-1 'lv' in the Language Subtag
Registry...

I think it would be best to point out that 'lv' is not only the 639-1
code element, it is what the Registry uses.  Otherwise, people who
haven't read any version of BCP 47 may fail to see the connection.

--
Doug Ewell  |  Thornton, Colorado, USA  |  http://www.ewellic.org
RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14  |  ietf-languages @ http://is.gd/2kf0s ­