Last call: Latvian (and Bontok) extlang subtags

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Mon Feb 8 04:05:19 CET 2010

Leif Halvard Silli <xn dash dash mlform dash iua at xn dash dash mlform
dash iua dot no> wrote:

> Technicality: I suppose the could be "promoted" to extlang status
> later on, if evidence surfaced that showed that it falls into at least
> one of the two categories you mentioned?

No.  See RFC 5646, Section 3.4, item 12.C.4:

"'Extlang' records MUST NOT be created for items already in the
registry.  Extended language subtags will only be considered at the time
of initial registration."

--
Doug Ewell  |  Thornton, Colorado, USA  |  http://www.ewellic.org
RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14  |  ietf-languages @ http://is.gd/2kf0s ­