"French part" and "Dutch part" (was: Re: Records and registration forms for BQ, CW, SX, AN)

Kent Karlsson kent.karlsson14 at telia.com
Wed Dec 22 23:19:34 CET 2010

That would be like having (before 1990) an entry for "Germany" and another
for "Deutschland" and then
have "West" and "East" as comments on the respective entries.

I'd be happy with "Dutch Saint Martin" and "French Saint Martin", or with
"North Saint Martin" and
"South Saint Martin", or some such, if it is the parentheses as such that
are bothersome. But everyone
else seem keen on keeping the same names as in the source standard. And then
you need to include
the parenthetical part of the name (as is), otherwise we'd be in the trouble
as said above. (Which,
among other things, would lead to strange translation problems...)

    /Kent K