Outstanding requests

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 1 02:46:17 CET 2010

Hi.

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Wed Oct 27 18:56:30 CEST > 1.  What is the current status of Peter's preliminary proposal to add> Suppress-Script to 48 existing records?  Is it being rejected on> principle, or should registration forms and revised records be put> together and posted? Hi, Doug I can start putting together change request forms next week . . . for the language subtags listed by Peter Constable (see inset; let me know what kind of help you want): * * *
Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Mon Oct 18 20:41:27 CEST 2010
> There are several language subtags in the registry that don't have suppress-script fields but that I suspect probably could have since
> there's only ever been / is likely to be a single script used in modern orthographies. I'd like to see what others would think about adding
> s-s fields for these cases:

> Candidates for suppress-script: Arab

> Type: language
> Subtag: pes
> Added: 2009-07-29
> Macrolanguage: fa

> Type: language
> Subtag: prs
> Added: 2009-07-29
> Macrolanguage: fa

> (Note: fa has suppress-script: Arab.)

> Candidates for suppress-script: Latn

> Type: language
> Subtag: fil
> Added: 2005-10-16

> Type: language
> Subtag: mi
> Added: 2005-10-16

> All subtags with macrolanguage:qu (note: qu has suppress-script: Latn):
> Type: language
> Subtag: cqu
> Added: 2009-07-29
> Macrolanguage: qu

> Type: language
> Subtag: qub
> Added: 2009-07-29
> Macrolanguage: qu

> [snip 41 records: qud, quf, qug, quh, quk, qul, qup, qur, qus, quw, qux, quy, quz, qva, qvc, qve, qvh, qvi, qvj, qvl, qvm, qvn, qvo, qvp,
> qvs, qvw, qvz, qwa, qwc, qwh, qws, qxa, qxc, qxh, qxl, qxn, qxo, qxp, qxr, qxt, qxu]
> Type: language
> Subtag: qxw
> Added: 2009-07-29
> Macrolanguage: qu

> Peter
* * *

Or has this been acted on?  (Sorry I now have a mini mini and thus I've given up trying to download the registry at all so I have no information about changes more recent than those in Richard Ishida's search utility.)

Best,

-- C.E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com