Machine Translation

Felix Sasaki felix.sasaki at fh-potsdam.de
Sat Sep 12 14:51:47 CEST 2009

2009/9/12 Kent Karlsson <kent.karlsson14 at comhem.se>

> However, I'm not arguing for actually doing this.
>

> ...for BLEU scores.
>
> I am relieved :)
>

> I would be more supportive of a "translation status" extension (without
> BLEU, or other, scores).
> (And the RFC, if any, can very well be developed outside of the group on
> this mailing list...
> Formally it is subject to IETF review, not (formally) review here.)

I am repeating myself, but I hope that the feedback from Yves Savourel makes
clear that such information would be better in other metadata fields. If
someone wants to develop such an RFC, they would need to co-ordinate a lot
with others, to avoid a mess of relations between data categories in
different fields. But it seems that nobody is really pushing hard into this
direction anyway.

Felix