Korean romanizations (Was: Japanese transliteration: ja-Latn-hepburn)

Kent Karlsson kent.karlsson14 at comhem.se
Fri Sep 11 12:58:16 CEST 2009

Den 2009-09-11 05.04, skrev "Doug Ewell" <doug at ewellic.org>:

> Geez, all I had in mind for Korean was registering the three most common
> romanizations, which anyone familiar with Korean could name off the top
> of their head.

I would suggest that you just submit the appropriate registration forms
to the list. I don't think there is the requirement that the submitter
promises to "start using the subtag for the submitter's immediate needs",
nor that the submitter has been using the variants for which subtags are
requested. I think the subtags you allude to here are useful enough to be
registered.

    /kent k

PS
This is in contrast to trying to register a subtag for a lone pronunciation
quirk (by itself that hardly makes a dialect) or for using old road/highway
names/numbers instead of their newer names/numbers (totally irrelevant for
language tagging, methinks).

    /k