Japanese transliteration: ja-Latn-hepburn-heploc
biercenator at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 14:13:39 CEST 2009
Here's a subvariant tied to specific rules of romanization.
Request for variant registration
1. Name of requester: Frank Bennett
2. E-mail address of requester: bennett at law.nagoya-u.ac.jp
3. Record Requested
Description: Hepburn romanization, Library of Congress method
4. Intended meaning of the subtag:
Indicates that the target content is Japanese text, romanized using
the specific rules defined in the Romanization Tables published
by the American Library Association and the US Library of Congress.
5. Reference to published description of the language (book or article):
ALA-LC Romanization Tables (available for download)
6. Any other relevant information:
While, like other Hepburn variants, this method is not an
officially recognized standard, it is widely used, defined by
a recognized authority, and suitable for use where a uniform
method of romanization that well approximates Japanese
pronunciation is required.
More information about the Ietf-languages