Japanese transliteration: ja-Latn-hepburn

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed Sep 9 16:46:33 CEST 2009

Doug Ewell scripsit:

> Second, yes, I realize this contradicts what I wrote on September 3.  I
> looked at the registration form this time, and scanned the e-mails
> leading up to the decision to register.  And yes, I realize that whether
> Tongyong is or isn't included in 'pinyin', it isn't crystal clear from
> the Registry record.  Perhaps even I would agree that a Comments field
> would be helpful here.

Until and unless someone requests it, the less said about Tongyong
Pinyin the better.  As I posted a while back, it is the product of
one man who had enough pull to get his system made official, but kept
changing his mind over details, so there's not a single TYPY system
(unlike HYPY which has been stable for over 50 years) but many.  It is
also no longer official anywhere.

--
John Cowan  cowan at ccil.org   http://ccil.org/~cowan
Assent may be registered by a signature, a handshake, or a click of a computer