Proposed record for 'alalc97'

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Mon Nov 30 14:42:05 CET 2009

Michael Everson <everson at evertype dot com> wrote:

> Fine, if it will make you happy. But no copies of the book had the
> ISBN-13 on them.

Very well:

Type: variant
Subtag: alalc97
Added: 2009-12-09
Comments: Romanizations recommended by the American Library Association
  and the Library of Congress, in "ALA-LC Romanization Tables:
  Transliteration Schemes for Non-Roman Scripts" (1997), ISBN
  978-0-8444-0940-5.

And Avram Lyon needs to bless this amended version.

Brief remark: it seems to me that the existence of, and conversion
between, 10- and 13-digit ISBNs is well enough known in the book
community that no matter which one we use, it will provide the desired
precision.  Please let us not start delaying proposals over that.

--
Doug Ewell  |  Thornton, Colorado, USA  |  http://www.ewellic.org
RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14  |  ietf-languages @ http://is.gd/2kf0s ­