Variant subtag proposal: ALA-LC romanization of Russian

Phillips, Addison addison at amazon.com
Wed Nov 18 19:00:02 CET 2009

I’m not saying that ALA-LC97 itself is generic. I’m suggesting that it could be registered in a generic way to avoid Prefixing issues. Once an item has a prefix, it cannot be removed (only broadened).

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Lab126

Internationalization is not a feature.
It is an architecture.