Anomaly in upcoming registry

Mark Davis ⌛ mark at macchiato.com
Mon Jun 29 18:32:26 CEST 2009

I agree, except for the sentence:

> since the RFC already deprecates the use of most macrolanguages (including
'sh') in favor of encompassed language subtags.

Macrolanguages are *not* deprecated; only 'sh' is; that's why it is an
anomaly.

%%
Type: language
Subtag: zh
Added: 2005-10-16
Scope: macrolanguage
%%

I think what you meant to say is that the RFC *favors* the use of
encompassed languages over the use of their macrolanguages.

Mark