Anomaly in upcoming registry

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at openprogress.org
Mon Jul 13 08:28:11 CEST 2009

Hoi,
With all due respect for the diligence of the process but when you consider
the length of time it took, the ISO-639-6 will make this same process
impossible because of the amount of data involved. When this process only
starts when the publication is imminent, it will take maybe at least a
decade based on the number of new entries that ISO 639-6 will bring. That
means imho that for ISO-639-6 we will have to rethink the process. We do
have room before the publication of the new standard.. it could be seen as
pre-emptive involvement because of the huge amount of data involved.
Thanks,
       Gerard