Language tag registration request for transliterated Hebrew he-Latn

Randy Presuhn randy_presuhn at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 1 19:34:54 CET 2009

Hi -

No registration is needed for he-Latn.  This is already permitted by the
"generative" use of subtags.  However, if you have a need to tag material
as being specifically in the Z39.25-1975 transliteration (in contrast to
other possible -Latn schemes) then it would make sense to request a
variant subtag for that purpose, e.g., he-Latn-z3925.

NB to rest of the list: let's not presume that the requester needs to
make such a distinction - let him make the determination himself, and
apply for the variant subtag if he has a need to make that distinction.

Randy