Proposal to remove Preferred-Value field for region YU in LTRU

Randy Presuhn randy_presuhn at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 27 21:26:59 CET 2009

Hi -

Strongly agreed.  The "tag wisely" concept, especially with respect to
region subtags, requires a mass of knowledge of the language(s)
as well knowing for what purpose the data is being tagged.
It's quite unrealistic to expect this to somehow be encoded
in the registry.  We can try to be helpful in cases of splits
and merges by providing appropriate comments, but the decision
about what subtag to use belongs to the tagger, and cannot
realistically be automated in some cases.

Randy