Proposal to remove Preferred-Value field for region YU in LTRU

Randy Presuhn randy_presuhn at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 23 02:18:16 CET 2009

Hi -

Four possible tracks come to mind:
   (1) don't do the comment
   (2) add the comment now via a registry request to ietf-languages at iana.org
   (3) add the comment through ltru at ietf.org as a WG last call comment
   (4) add the comment later via a registry request to ietf-languages at iana.org
       after the registry has been updated

(2) doesn't make much sense.

I can say that at least one of the ltru co-chairs would be quite ill-disposed
towards adding an issue for (3) at this particular point in time, since,
as a matter of consistency, it would require generating other comments
for other registry entries. (However, if anyone wants to pursue such a
course of action, the place to do it is on the ltru at ietf.org mailing list,
not here.)

Consequently, I would suggest that those who think there is good reason
to add such comments to the registry wait until the entries that they
think will benefit from such commentary have actually been updated.

Randy