Proposal to remove Preferred-Value field for region YU in LTRU

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sun Feb 22 20:21:47 CET 2009

CE Whitehead scripsit:

> > > (Can we always add comments when a subtag is deprecated & there
> > > is no preferred value?
> >
> > There is no provision in the drafts for any comments to be mandatory,
> > and in my opinion there should not be.
>
> So are you saying that the comments field should or should not be
> included here;  I'd prefer it be included.

I think you two are on different tracks.  The answer to "Can we
always?" is "Yes; we can introduce comments any time we see fit."
The answer to "Must we always?" is "No; comments are never mandatory."

--
He made the Legislature meet at one-horse       John Cowan
tank-towns out in the alfalfa belt, so that     cowan at ccil.org
hardly nobody could get there and most of       http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
the leaders would stay home and let him go      --H.L. Mencken's
to work and do things as he pleased.              Declaration of Independence