Variant subtag proposal: Høgnorsk variety of Norwegian

Yury Tarasievich yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 18:04:28 CET 2009

Thorgeir Holm wrote:
> 'be' is analogical to 'nn', not to the macro 'no'.

Well, I believe this wasn't made quite clear in the previous discussion.
> It will be somewhat different in 'nn', as -hognorsk is the more
> nitpicked. The official 'nn' being more like an umbrella is a good
> motivation for avoiding a separate "-official" tag.

 From my patch, I feel tags of "-official" sorts are to be completely
avoided, if only because of there being no "-unofficial" varieties to
complement them, only deviations from the codifications. And as soon as
the codification (or half-codification) of something "non-official" is
done, the "who" and "when" get known too, then.

> By the way, what kind of tags would you apply to the Trasianka varieties?

Need I? If so, an umbrella "be", possibly. There's currently a
discussion of sorts, whether to consider Trasianka a  sort of a modern
dialect or just a deviation from the norm. This is purely academic
issue, however, as there are no texts in T. produced consistently.

-Yury