Criteria for languages?

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Sat Dec 5 01:45:18 CET 2009

We should not be second guessing. If the MARC community tells us (or, rather, tells the 639-3 RA and JAC) they are not dependent on assuming that Latgalian is encompassed by lav, fine; otherwise, the onus lies on the JAC to ensure that they don't make changes that create risks for consumers of ISO 639 such as MARC.

That's my opinion.

Peter