Criteria for languages?

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Tue Dec 1 21:36:49 CET 2009

John Cowan scripsit:

> An argument of the form "in case X, we should do D, therefore in case Y,
> we should do D as well" depends on whether X and Y are truly parallel,
> and the burden of persuasion is with the believer, not the skeptic.

I dropped a line here.

That is, the fact that Latgalian has been treated like Latvian is not
evidence that Walliser German has been treated as Swiss German or German.

John Cowan   cowan at ccil.org
    "Mr. Lane, if you ever wish anything that I can do, all you will have
        to do will be to send me a telegram asking and it will be done."
    "Mr. Hearst, if you ever get a telegram from me asking you to do
        anything, you can put the telegram down as a forgery."