Adding variant subtags 'aluku' and 'nduyka' and 'pamaka' for dialects

Phillips, Addison addison at amazon.com
Mon Aug 24 01:06:48 CEST 2009

> I have seen seemingly reasonable subtags proposed to this list
> being turned down since they were considered derogatory by some.

The subtag itself was changed, if I recall correctly, to something deemed less-offensive or inoffensive. I believe the registration itself did occur (as 1959acad). Certainly we should try to avoid creating subtags that are known to use derogatory or offensive terms for a language or its variant or the speaker population that uses it.

Thus, I agree with Kent, however, that we should be careful about the term for 'djk' used in the registry.

Addison